Reply by College Works Painting

100% full
Hi Bob and Trish, we just got word we were able to get your request taken care of. Please do not hesitate to contact us at 888-450-9675 or info@collegeworks.com if we can help you further.
Author's

On May 30, 2015 I contracted paint work for 1 small interior room, 2 windows and exterior soffits (2' x 104'). Only one of the windows needed exterior re-glazing and paint on the exterior.

I was told the work would be done by people who were trained by the Sherwin-Williams Paint company. That gave me a measure of confidence that the job would turn out well. It did not.

The work did not start until early July. It proceeded very sporadically until it was finally finished on July 5th. I could have done this work myself in no more than 3 days and would have done a much better job and saved a lot of money.

They began the inside trim with flat paint which did not match the semi-gloss through the rest of the house. That was taken care of with the correct paint that I supplied.

Inside trim paint was left to dry on the colored part of the wall, requiring touch up work with paint that did not match the wall color. That could have easily been avoided if the painter had used a clean damp cloth to wipe away the trim paint that got on the wall before it had a chance to dry, or if the trim had been masked.

The window sills were not sanded or primed, so a stain from a flower pot is still visible. The part of one window, by the latch, was not painted at all.

Very sloppy application of the paint shows brush strokes on the soffits going every which way, never in a uniform direction. The soffit vents were clogged with paint. Although I opted for Sherwin-Williams best paint, it did not cover the soffits well.

Believe it or not, the attached pictures are all after the paintwork was completed.

This nightmare cost me close to $1600.

Steer clear of College Work Painting.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I didn't like: Expensive, Poor workmanship.

Had an Experience with College Works Painting?