Reply by College Works Painting

Hi Randall, we are so sorry to hear about your experience with us. We are glad that Jared has been able to come up with a solution for you guys. If anything comes up in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us at 888-450-9675 or info@collegeworks.com.
Author's
1.6
Turnaround Time

In the first 10 days of this project the crew showed up twice.Although the contract specified "Super Stretch" caulk be used the College Works paint crew used a caulk they were accustomed to using.

The facia boards on my house are rough cut cedar. When a few of the facia boards needed replacement College Works used treated pine in place of the cedar. When confronted and informed that the paint will not penetrated into the treated lumber and the paint will not stick I was completely ignored "no speekie englis"... A cedar box located on the side of my house where the phone and cable distribute was to be rebuilt.

After agreeing to an increase in the contracted price in order to have the cable box rebuilt they covered the rotted wood at the bottom with treated pine.

My grass has really suffered from all of the rags, cans, bottles and other unsightly objects routinely left on my lawn over night for days on end. When the college works paint crew supervisor refused to use cedar for the rest of the job because it was more expensive than treated pine I contacted Jarred his manager and told him that this project was over. Jarred offered to refund $500 of my $1000 deposit money. I countered with an offer to purchase the paint they had already purchased and any "like" materials they could provided receipts for.

This is apparently unacceptable as Jarred insists that he feels that 1/2 of my deposit money is fair. I understand his position however I am faced with double expenses now by having another paint crew 1) undo the work performed with incorrect materials (removing the caulk and 2) installing the correct caulk.

I recommend that anyone trapped a similar situation file a claim in small claims court.

Review about: College Works Painting Painting.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Reliability promptness quality.

Had an Experience with College Works Painting?